Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post 10



What can we learn from Ms. Cassidy? In the video, “First Graders in Ms. Cassidy’s Class,” I was stunned at the quality of stuff that Ms. Cassidy students are doing in her class. I got to observe all of the details that she has her children do in her class. I liked how the kids told how the technology helped them. The students stated that they use their blogs to demonstrate their growth in writing. A child believed that their writing improve each time that they post. Students use wiki’s to ask questions, also individuals from around the world be able to provide their responds. Students place videos on their blogs, so that way it can show as a portfolio and students’ growth can visually be notice. The student’s uses Skype to chat with other group of students around the world. Another thing was the use of Nintendo DS’s. The kids said that the DS’s assist them with sharing as well as problem solving skills.

In the Skype videos of Ms. Cassidy, she talked about how technology by no means is ever going away. Many schools need to improve their technology. Many schools have Smart Boards, in the classrooms but not ipads. One way to help with this I may possibly apply for grants. Ms. Cassidy use technology in all of her classes. I would use blogs in my future classroom. I believed it would help my students with their writing. The students can receive comments on their blog.

1 comment:

  1. "... that their writing improve each time …" improves or improved, not improve

    "I believed it would help my students with their writing." I believe, not believed

    ReplyDelete