Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 8 What can we learn about teaching from Randy Pausch? What I learned from the video, Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. I learned that “brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things”. I believe this is a good message for teachers and students. I think this is spot on, because as teachers you will have barriers. Brick walls are chances to recognize what you want to accomplish, and give you the possibility to show it.



I learned about “Head fake”. Head faking is when teachers, have their students to learn more than one thing at a time. For example, students that plays football not only does the students learn the game of football. They also learn the skill of sportsmanship, teamwork, or accountability while working on projects. Professor Randy Pausch has taught me a lot about teaching and learning, but these are the parts that I really liked.

2 comments:

  1. Great organization, I like how Randy talked about "Head fake" as well. Teaching children more than one thing at a time will help them accomplish goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For example, students that plays football not only does the students learn the game of football."

    Not a complete sentence. You have mixed singular and plural nouns and verbs.



    ReplyDelete